Indian Navy to coordinate largest coastal defence exercise Sea Vigil-21
- The inaugural edition of the exercise was conducted in January 2019.
- The two-day biennial pan-India coastal defence exercise, will be undertaken along the entire 7,516-kilometre long coastline.
- The exercise will also include Exclusive Economic Zone of the country and will involve all the 13 coastal States and Union Territories along with other maritime stakeholders.
- It will also include the fishing and coastal communities.
- The entire coastal security set up was reorganised after the 26/11 Terror attack at Mumbai which was launched via the sea route.