Moscow says it does not see prospects for extending New START pact with Washington
- Moscow has said that it does not see prospects for extending the new Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty with Washington.
- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said this on 14 Oct, while adding that the countries plan to continue talks nonetheless.
- The New START accord was signed in 2010.
- It limits the number of strategic nuclear warheads that Russia and the United States can deploy.
- It is due to expire in February next year.