UN Security Council meets via video-conference
- The UN Security Council met for the first time in its history via videoconference due to the coronavirus crisis.
- However, the diplomats said the meeting was not without technical difficulties.
- One diplomat said that the meeting was meant to serve as a test run and thus was not listed on any official agenda.
- The meeting saw informal talks on the situation in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- The ambassadors and deputies all logged in from home, and the media had no access.