Very severe cyclone Nivar crosses Tamil Nadu coast near Marakkanam
- Very Severe Cyclone Nivar hit the coast late last night and its landfall was completed on 26 Nov.
- It crossed the shores near Marakkanam in Tamil Nadu, close to Puducherry.
- While crossing, the cyclone triggered fierce winds of speed ranging from 120 to 130 kilometers per hour, gushing to 140 km per hour.
- It also led to torrential rainfall in many coastal areas including in Chennai.
- The sea has been ferocious during the landfall.