Australia equals hottest day on record at 50.7 degree Celsius
- The temperature in Onslow, Western Australia, matched a record set in 1962 in South Australia.
- Onslow and the surrounding areas could see records broken again with temperatures set to rise slightly.
- It comes after Western Australia reported large bushfires last month.
- One fire near Margaret River scorched through more than 6,000 hectares of land, forcing evacuations.
- Two other towns, Mardie and Roebourne, reported temperatures of more than 50 degree Celsius.