Lohri being celebrated today
- The festival of harvest, Lohri, is being celebrated today in North India especially in Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Jammu and Chandigarh.
- Lohri marks the end of the long nights of winter and welcomes the longer days of summer, as the Sun begins its journey to the Northern Hemisphere.
- Lohri is celebrated with a bonfire.
- The festival is mostly associated with crop harvesting and happiness.
- Popcorns, peanuts, Rewari and Gajak are distributed to all neighbours, friends and relatives on the occasion.