Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route fully opens for tourists in Japan
- A scenic mountain route running through the Northern Alps in central Japan has reopened for tourists following a winter break.
- The Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route fully opened for the first time in about four-and-half months.
- Piles of snow were removed from the route.
- The route, which stretches for more than 37 kilometres, links Tateyama Town in Toyama Prefecture and Omachi Town in Nagano Prefecture.
- It contains roads, a ropeway system, and cable car systems.