UK’s meteorological service issues red weather warning
- Storm Eunice has hit London and southeast England.
- Gusts of 122 Miles per hour (mph) have been recorded: the strongest in more than 30 years.
- Extreme weather leaves thousands of homes without power.
- It forces schools and businesses to shut while also causing major travel disruption with road closures and the cancellation of train services, flights, and ferry sailings.
- Earlier, The UK’s meteorological service issued a rare red weather warning for parts of the southwest of England and South Wales.