Uttarakhand: 4.2 magnitude earthquake
- Uttarakhand, a 4.2 magnitude earthquake struck near Joshīmath, in Chamoli district, according to the National Center for Seismology (NCS).
- The earthquake occurred at an intermediate to considerable depth of 171.2 km beneath the epicenter late at night on 10 Sep.
- As per reports, tremors were also felt in Bageshwar ,Champawat, Tehri Garhwal, Rudraprayag and other parts of the state.
- People came out of their homes in some parts of the hilly region.
- However no loss of lives or property was reported.